January 13, 2011

Awaiting Justice!!

One day during sleep,I asked my mother..."Have you ever seen any eunuch studying"..I dont know where did the question originate from,but it did..I turned up to my mother to give an answer to this.
She said no.I asked again "But y..Are they not the part of this society?"..She asked me where do i get these weird questions from and then ordered  me to sleep.. HUH.

We all are aware of the word EUNUCH aka HIJRA(as most of us call them)and we are those sick people who call them to give benediction to a new born baby as a part of our tradition..F*** Off  this tradition..On one side we are not accepting them as a part of our society and on the other hand,we are asking them to give blessing to a new born child..Does it make any sense?? I dont think so.
This world is full of haunting sarcasm..But,it seems,this is the most distressful of the lot.

The hijras in our country find it hard to get beneficial education.Employment opportunities are very rare.Most public and private companies use several excuses to deny employment to them.They never gain the affection or support of their families,a desire that will remain another dream for them.Suffering from a sexual identity crises and physical deformalities,they could not talk to anyone in their family and are labeld a "sinner" for no sin.
Now take a look on this article i read in Frontline.It shows the torture these "humans" are facing by "we,non humans".


Being A Eunuch(A Human)

By Siddarth Narrain

"Ever since I can remember, I have always identified myself as a woman. I lived in Namakkal, a small town in Tamil Nadu. When I was in the 10th standard I realised that the only way for me to be comfortable was to join the hijra community. It was then that my family found out that I frequently met hijras who lived in the city. One day, when my father was away, my brother, encouraged by my mother, started beating me with a cricket bat. I locked myself in a room to escape from the beatings. My mother and brother then tried to break into the room to beat me up further. Some of my relatives intervened and brought me out of the room. I related my ordeal to an uncle of mine who gave me Rs.50 and asked me to go home. Instead, I took the money and went to live with a group of hijras in Erode." 



 "My name is Sachin and I am 23 years old. As a child I always enjoyed putting make-up like `vibhuti' or `kum kum' and my parents always saw me as a girl. I am male but I only have female feelings. I used to help my mother in all the housework like cooking, washing and cleaning. Over the years I started assuming more of the domestic responsibilities at home. The neighbours started teasing me. They would call out to me and ask: `Why don't you go out and work like a man?' or `Why are you staying at home like a girl?' But I liked being a girl. I felt shy about going out and working. Relatives would also mock and scold me on this score. Every day I would go out of the house to bring water. And as I walked back with the water I would always be teased. I felt very ashamed. I even felt suicidal. How could I live like that? But my parents never protested. They were helpless."

You know the Indian laws also decreed eunuchs as incapable of acting as a guardian,drawing up a will or adopting a child.The hjijra community has been deprived of several rights under declared civil laws..These humans have actually no life of their own..They cannot vote,marry or own a ration card or a meek driving license.Educating them and ac
comadating them in a society is the only solution to the end of many problems faced by them..

Undestanding this discrimination in a democratic country is very intricate,atleast for me.



Now tell me,why are they still deprived and are treated as an ignorant part of this society..??
why are we waiting for that time when something like this happens either to us or someone close to us..??
By writing this i am not trying to prove anything,i just wrote because I wanted to and i feel pity for those people who hav come in this world for a special purpose..but unfortunately they are ill treated by their fellow "Humans"..After all,at the end of the day is about "BEING A TRUE HUMAN".


If we can't be with them,then we have no right to be againtst them..


Until next time its bye from my side..Garnier..





2 comments:

nisha said...

again a nice piece of writing.....n v true

Unknown said...

awesum yr..........